This page is not available in your selected language. Your language preference will not be changed but the contents of this page will be shown in English.
Julius Baer is the leading Swiss wealth management group. We focus on providing high-end services and in-depth advice to private clients based around the world.
A prudent financial and risk management results in a very strong capital base and comparatively low risk profile. We aim at achieving sustainable and industry-leading profitable growth, thus remaining competitive and highly attractive for our stakeholders.
Our strategic priorities are centered on capturing the strong wealth creation dynamics of growth markets and on further penetrating the high wealth concentration of our core European markets. In addition to fostering organic growth, broadening our base of highly qualified RMs and cooperating with strong partners, Julius Baer is also open to opportunistic acquisitions provided they offer a convincing strategic and cultural fit and are value-enhancing.
A significant increase in net profit as at the end of 2020 in a challenging market and operating environment underlines the resilience of Julius Baer’s business model. A few financial highlights from the full-year results 2020:
- IFRS net profit attributable to shareholders of Julius Baer Group Ltd. up 50% to CHF 698 million and IFRS earnings per share (EPS) up 52% to CHF 3.25.
- Adjusted net profit (excluding M&A-related items) up 24% to CHF 957 million and adjusted EPS attributable to shareholders of Julius Baer Group Ltd. up 25% to CHF 4.44. Adjusted result impacted by the DOJ provision.
- Gross margin improved by 6 basis points (bp) to 88 bp, adjusted cost/income ratio by 4.7 percentage points to 66.4%, and adjusted pre-tax margin by 5 bp to 27 bp.
- Assets under management (AuM) CHF 434 billion, an increase of 2%, supported by net new money of CHF 15.1 billion (3.5%).
- Further strengthening of capital ratios: BIS CET1 capital ratio 14.9% and BIS total capital ratio 21.0%, well above minimum regulatory requirements and Group’s own floors. Adjusted return on CET1 capital 32% (2019: 27%).
Philipp Rickenbacher, Chief Executive Officer of Julius Baer Group Ltd., said: “Julius Baer showed outstanding performance in 2020, both in quantitative and qualitative terms, reflecting the strength of our wealth management business model and the trust clients place in us. We delivered on the first leg of the three-year transformation strategy presented in February 2020. This strategy also gives us a clear roadmap for 2021 and beyond. In light of current industry challenges, from negative interest rates to a weak US dollar, we will stay our course and remain fully focused on achieving the 2022 targets we set a year ago.”
Julius Baer is the leading Swiss wealth management group and a premium brand in this global sector, with a focus on servicing and advising sophisticated private clients.
Julius Baer’s activities are centered on the deep understanding of our clients’ needs in respect to wealth accumulation, wealth preservation and wealth transfer to next generations. We deploy a holistic advisory approach to systematically derive the appropriate financial solutions.
Our client-centric approach, our objective advice based on the Julius Baer open product platform, our solid financial base and our entrepreneurial management culture make us the international reference in wealth management.
More about our services and solutions can be found in the Wealth Management section.
We engage in long-term value creation for our clients, employees, shareholders and society at large. We do this by responsibly managing our organisation and offering in line with our own as well as our clients’ values.
Through our sustainability strategy, we will continue to
- further integrate environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into our investment processes;
- embed sustainability principles more deeply and broadly into our operational activities;
- proactively reduce our environmental footprint;
- maintain a culture of responsible leadership and a supportive working environment that promotes diversity and inclusion;
- play an active role in society beyond our direct business activities.
More details regarding our strategic priorities and efforts as well as the last Corporate Sustainability reports can be found here: