This page is not available in your selected language. Your language preference will not be changed but the contents of this page will be shown in English.
Zurich, 10 April 2019 – At today’s Annual General Meeting of Julius Baer Group Ltd. the shareholders passed all agenda items and proposals submitted by the Board of Directors. Romeo Lacher was elected as new Chairman of the Board of Directors.
In detail, the Annual General Meeting 2019 of Julius Baer Group Ltd. passed the following resolutions:
- The Financial Statements and Consolidated Financial Statements 2018 were approved and the Remuneration Report 2018 was approved in a consultative vote.
- The appropriation of the disposable profit, the dissolution and the distribution of CHF 335.7 million out of ‘statutory capital reserve’ were approved. The amount corresponds to a distribution of CHF 1.50 per registered share. The distribution will be paid free of expense from 16 April 2019.
- The members of the Board of Directors and of the Executive Board were discharged for the 2018 financial year.
- The maximum aggregate amount of compensation of the Board of Directors for the coming term of office (AGM 2019 – AGM 2020) was approved. Additionally, the shareholders approved the Executive Board’s aggregate amount of variable cash-based compensation elements for the completed financial year 2018, the aggregate amount of variable share-based compensation elements that are allocated in the financial year 2019 and the maximum aggregate amount of fixed compensation for the next financial year 2020.
- The Board members Gilbert Achermann, Heinrich Baumann, Richard Campbell-Breeden, Paul Man Yiu Chow, Ivo Furrer, Claire Giraut and Charles G.T. Stonehill were re-elected for a one-year term.
- Romeo Lacher, Eunice Zehnder-Lai and Olga Zoutendijk were elected as new members of the Board of Directors for a one-year term.
- Romeo Lacher was elected as Chairman of the Board of Directors for a one-year term.
- Gilbert Achermann, Heinrich Baumann, Richard Campbell-Breeden and Eunice Zehnder-Lai were elected as members of the Compensation Committee for a one-year term.
- KPMG AG, Zurich, was appointed as Statutory Auditors for another one-year period.
- Dr. Marc Nater, Wenger Plattner Attorneys at Law, Kuesnacht, was elected as independent representative until the end of the next Ordinary Annual General Meeting in 2020.
The presentations by the Chairman Daniel J. Sauter and the Chief Executive Officer Bernhard Hodler are available on www.juliusbaer.com/agm. The detailed voting results as well as the brief minutes will be published on the website by tomorrow.