Statement of policy
Bank Julius Baer & Co., Ltd., acting through its Hong Kong branch (the “Bank”) is committed to protect the data privacy interests of the individuals who provide information about themselves to the Bank in accordance with the data protection principles and the provisions of the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”). The Bank’s Data Protection Officer monitors and supervises compliance with the Ordinance within the Bank.
Statement of practices
Kinds of Personal Data Held
Two broad categories of personal data are held by the Bank. They are personal data contained in:
- Personnel records, which include job applications and Bank personnel details, job particulars, details of salary, payments, benefits, leave and training records, group medical and dental insurance records, mandatory provident schemes participation, performance appraisals, and disciplinary matters, etc.
- Client records, which are necessary for clients to supply to the Bank from time to time in connection with matters such as:
- The opening or operation of accounts;
- The establishment or maintenance of credit facilities; and/or
- The establishment or operation or provision of products or services offered by or through the Bank (which include banking, cards, financial, insurance, fiduciary, custodian, discretionary management, security and/or investment products and services as well as products and services relating to these).
Main Purposes of keeping Personal Data
In relation to clients: the purposes for which any personal data collected by the Bank are for the establishment and/or continuation of banking facilities and/or provision of banking services and/or compliance with any laws, regulations or guidelines (whether or not having the force of law) issued by regulatory or other authorities, the details of which are set out in the Bank’s Notice Relating To The Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance provided to relevant clients on or before collecting the relevant data from individuals.
In relation to employees: the purposes for which any personal data collected by the Bank about employees are for recruitment and human resource management purposes, including without limitation employees’ appointment, benefits, termination, performance appraisal and discipline, the details of which are set out in the Bank’s Personal Information Collection Statement Pertaining to Employment provided to relevant employees on or before collecting the relevant data from individuals.
Retention of personal data
Personal data will not be kept longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which the data is or is to be used. Different retention periods apply to the various kinds of personal data collected and held by the Bank in accordance with the Bank’s policies made pursuant to the Ordinance and other legal and regulatory requirements.
Collection of personal data – Personal data may be collected for contacting the Bank through its internet website as so specified on the relevant pages of the Bank’s internet website.
Accessing your personal data
Data Protection Officer
Bank Julius Baer & Co. Ltd.,
Hong Kong branch
39th Floor, One International Finance Centre
1 Harbour View Street, Central, Hong Kong
Bank Julius Baer & Co. Ltd., Hong Kong branch