This page is not available in your selected language. Your language preference will not be changed but the contents of this page will be shown in English.
Julius Baer is the leading Swiss private banking group. We focus on providing high-end services and in-depth advice to private clients based around the world.
A prudent financial and risk management results in a very strong capital base and comparatively low risk profile. We aim at achieving sustainable and industry-leading profitable growth, thus remaining competitive and highly attractive for our stakeholders.
Our strategic priorities are centered on capturing the strong wealth creation dynamics of growth markets and on further penetrating the high wealth concentration of our core European markets. In addition to fostering organic growth, broadening our base of highly qualified RMs and cooperating with strong partners, Julius Baer is also open to opportunistic acquisitions provided they offer a convincing strategic and cultural fit and are value-enhancing.
A record-high net profit as at the end of June 2020 in a challenging market and operating environment underlines the resilience of Julius Baer’s business model. A few financial highlights from the first six months in 2020:
- IFRS net profit attributable to shareholders of Julius Baer Group Ltd. up 43% to CHF 491 million and IFRS earnings per share up 45% to CHF 2.28.
- Gross margin 92 basis points (H1 2019: 83 bp), adjusted cost/income ratio 66.6% (H1 2019: 71.0%), and adjusted pre-tax margin 31 bp (H1 2019: 23 bp).
- Net new money CHF 5.0 billion, or 2.3% annualised, despite negative impact of client deleveraging.
Philipp Rickenbacher, Chief Executive Officer of Julius Baer Group Ltd.: “The outstanding results in the first half of 2020 demonstrate the strength and resilience of our pure wealth management model. Taking advantage of the increased need for digital client connectivity and remote working solutions, we have prioritised our technology investments accordingly, supporting the shift in our leadership focus towards sustainable profit growth.”
Julius Baer is the leading Swiss wealth management group and a premium brand in this global sector, with a focus on servicing and advising sophisticated private clients.
Julius Baer’s activities are centered on the deep understanding of our clients’ needs in respect to wealth accumulation, wealth preservation and wealth transfer to next generations. We deploy a holistic advisory approach to systematically derive the appropriate financial solutions.
Our client-centric approach, our objective advice based on the Julius Baer open product platform, our solid financial base and our entrepreneurial management culture make us the international reference in wealth management.
More about our services and solutions can be found in the Wealth Management section.
We engage in long-term value creation for our clients, employees, shareholders and society at large. We do this by responsibly managing our organisation and offering in line with our own as well as our clients’ values.
Through our sustainability strategy, we will continue to
- further integrate environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into our investment processes;
- embed sustainability principles more deeply and broadly into our operational activities;
- proactively reduce our environmental footprint;
- maintain a culture of responsible leadership and a supportive working environment that promotes diversity and inclusion;
- play an active role in society beyond our direct business activities.
More details regarding our strategic priorities and efforts as well as the last Corporate Sustainability reports can be found here: