Zurich, 14 April 2021 – At today’s Annual General Meeting of Julius Baer Group Ltd. the shareholders passed all agenda items and proposals submitted by the Board of Directors.
In detail, the Annual General Meeting 2021 of Julius Baer Group Ltd. passed the following resolutions:
- The Financial Statements and Consolidated Financial Statements 2020 were approved and the Remuneration Report 2020 was approved in a consultative vote.
- The appropriation of the disposable profit, the dissolution and distribution out of the “statutory capital reserve” as well as the proposed distribution in the total amount of CHF 1.75 per registered share were approved. This corresponds to a distribution of “statutory capital reserve” of CHF 1.11 per registered share, which is not subject to the Swiss withholding tax and shall be paid free of expense from 20 April 2021, and a dividend of CHF 0.64 per registered share, which is subject to the Swiss withholding tax and shall also be paid from 20 April 2021.
- The members of the Board of Directors and of the Executive Board were discharged for the 2020 financial year.
- The maximum aggregate amount of compensation of the Board of Directors for the coming term of office (AGM 2021 – AGM 2022) was approved.
- Additionally, the shareholders approved the Executive Board’s aggregate amount of variable cash-based compensation elements for the completed financial year 2020, the aggregate amount of variable share-based compensation elements that are allocated in the current financial year 2021 and the maximum aggregate amount of fixed compensation for the next financial year 2022.
- The Board members Romeo Lacher, Gilbert Achermann, Heinrich Baumann, Richard Campbell-Breeden, Ivo Furrer, Claire Giraut, Kathryn Shih, Eunice Zehnder-Lai and Olga Zoutendijk were re-elected for a one-year term.
- David Nicol was elected as new independent member of the Board of Directors for a one-year term.
- Romeo Lacher was re-elected as Chairman of the Board of Directors for a one-year term.
- Gilbert Achermann, Richard Campbell-Breeden, Kathryn Shih and Eunice Zehnder-Lai were re-elected as members of the Compensation Committee (part of the Nomination & Compensation Committee) for a one-year term.
- KPMG AG, Zurich, was appointed as Statutory Auditors for another one-year period.
- Marc Nater, Wenger Plattner Attorneys at Law, Kuesnacht, was elected as independent representative until the end of the next Ordinary Annual General Meeting in 2022.
- The cancellation of 2,585,000 own shares bought back until 26 February 2021 under the share buyback programme launched in 2019 and the respective capital reduction from CHF 4,476,188.96 to CHF 4,424,488.96 were approved.
- The deletion of a number of expired articles of the Articles of Incorporation was approved.
The detailed voting results as well as the brief minutes will be published on the website on www.juliusbaer.com/agm by tomorrow.