In uncertain times, we are helping our intermediary clients keep abreast of markets. At the same time, we remain committed to supporting those looking to grow, scale and differentiate their businesses.
Amid the disquiet that’s engulfing financial markets, it’s easy to get swept up in the frantic pace of events. Governments are acting daily to slow the spread of virus COVID-19 and to mitigate the effect of their actions as far as possible on the economy. The situation is complex and evolving at speed.
We are doing everything we can to inform you quickly about what’s happening in the markets. For example, your relationship manager can give you access to our Insights app that gives a lot of information on how we approach strategic asset allocation, which is the best way to protect your assets in turbulent times.
You can also view the market outlook section of the Julius Baer website, where Yves Bonzon, our Group Chief Investment Officer, advocates engaging your ‘slow brain’ as he explains how to navigate the current market environment (https: //www.juliusbaer. com / en / insights / market-outlook /). Further, Julius Baer’s technology tools are key for responding quickly and efficiently as events unfold.
Keeping your clients abreast of how financial markets are responding to the crisis reinforces trust – the external asset manager’s (EAM’s) key competitive advantage. But maintaining that trust also depends on reacting to the major changes underway in wealth management. Emerging technology, new financial regulation, the fast rise of responsible investment: taken together all of these themes present both challenges and opportunities.
This issue of our Intermediaries Business Navigator publication includes the following five articles designed to help you develop your business:
- Five fintech predictions from Nic Dreckmann. Expect more fintech offerings across data aggregation, investment algorithms and regulatory compliance.
- Push to digitize gathers momentum. Julius Baer is receiving a growing number of requests to help EAMs select new portfolio management systems.
- Alphen Asset Management explores new portfolio management systems. Alphen has found that new systems offer better functionality, deliver direct access to markets and save costs.
- Responsible investment: an opportunity to differentiate. As demand for investments that do good grows, intermediaries can set themselves apart through in-depth expertise.
- Why Switzerland’s regulatory watershed is a strategic opportunity. The new FinSA and FinIA regulations represent an opportunity to introduce a strategy for growth.
In the current uncertain environment, Julius Baer remains committed to supporting our intermediary clients. We have put in place all necessary measures to ensure the continuity of our business and all operations continue to run smoothly. That said, we are monitoring the situation very closely, following the guidance of international and local health authorities.
COO & Head Intermediaries
> Please contact us if you want to learn more about our services for intermediaries.