At today’s Annual General Meeting of Julius Baer Group Ltd. the shareholders passed all agenda items and proposals submitted by the Board of Directors.
In detail, the Annual General Meeting 2017 of Julius Baer Group Ltd. passed the following resolutions:
- The Financial Statements and Consolidated Financial Statements 2016 were approved.
- The Remuneration Report 2016 was approved in a consultative vote.
- The appropriation of the disposable profit, the dissolution and the distribution of CHF 268.6 million out of ‘statutory capital reserve’ were approved. The amount corresponds to a distribution of CHF 1.20 per registered share. The distribution will be paid free of expense from 20 April 2017.
- The members of the Board of Directors and of the Executive Board were discharged for the 2016 financial year.
- The maximum aggregate amount of compensation of the Board of Directors for the coming term of office (AGM 2017 – AGM 2018) was approved. Additionally, the shareholders approved the Executive Board’s aggregate amount of variable cash-based compensation elements for the completed financial year 2016, the aggregate amount of variable share-based compensation elements that are allocated in the financial year 2017 and the maximum aggregate amount of fixed compensation for the next financial year 2018.
- The Board members Daniel J. Sauter, Gilbert Achermann, Ann Almeida, Andreas Amschwand, Heinrich Baumann, Paul Man Yiu Chow, Claire Giraut, Gareth Penny and Charles G.T. Stonehill (Vice Chairman) were re-elected for a one-year term.
- Ivo Furrer was elected as new member of the Board of Directors for a one-year term.
- Daniel J. Sauter was re-elected as Chairman of the Board of Directors for a one-year term.
- Ann Almeida, Gilbert Achermann, Heinrich Baumann and Gareth Penny were re-elected as members of the Compensation Committee for a one-year term.
- KPMG AG, Zurich, was appointed as Statutory Auditors for another one-year period.
- Dr. Marc Nater, Wenger Plattner Attorneys at Law, Kuesnacht, was elected as independent representative until the end of the next Ordinary Annual General Meeting.