At today’s Annual General Meeting of Julius Baer Group Ltd. the shareholders passed all agenda items and proposals submitted by the Board of Directors.
In detail, the Annual General Meeting 2016 of Julius Baer Group Ltd. passed the following resolutions with votes in favour exceeding 90 percent in each case:
- The Annual Report 2015 (Financial Statements and Consolidated Financial Statements) was approved.
- The Remuneration Report 2015 was approved in a consultative vote.
- The appropriation of the disposable profit, the dissolution and the distribution of roughly CHF 246 million out of ‘statutory capital reserve’ were approved. The amount corresponds to a distribution of CHF 1.10 per registered share. The distribution will be paid free of expense from 19 April 2016.
- The members of the Board of Directors and of the Executive Board were discharged for the 2015 financial year.
- The maximum aggregate amount of compensation of the Board of Directors for the coming term of office (AGM 2016 – AGM 2017) was approved. Additionally, the shareholders approved the Executive Board’s aggregate amount of variable cash-based compensation elements for the completed financial year 2015, the aggregate amount of variable share-based compensation elements that are allocated in the financial year 2016 and the maximum aggregate amount of fixed compensation for the next financial year 2017.
- The Board members Daniel J. Sauter, Gilbert Achermann, Andreas Amschwand, Heinrich Baumann, Paul Man Yiu Chow, Claire Giraut, Gareth Penny and Charles G.T. Stonehill were re-elected for a one-year term.
- Ann Almeida was elected as per 1 June 2016 as new member of the Board of Directors for a one-year term.
- Daniel J. Sauter was re-elected as Chairman of the Board of Directors for a one-year term.
- Ann Almeida (as of 1 June 2016), Gilbert Achermann, Heinrich Baumann and Gareth Penny were elected as members of the Compensation Committee for a one-year term.
- KPMG AG, Zurich, was appointed as Statutory Auditors for another one-year period.
- Dr. Marc Nater, Wenger Plattner Attorneys at Law, Kuesnacht, was elected as independent representative until the end of the next Annual General Meeting.