This page is not available in your selected language. Your language preference will not be changed but the contents of this page will be shown in English.
Julius Baer is the leading Swiss wealth management group and a premium brand in this global sector, with a focus on servicing and advising sophisticated private clients. In all we do, we are inspired by our purpose: creating value beyond wealth.
A prudent financial and risk management results in a very strong capital base and comparatively low risk profile. We aim to achieve sustainable and industry-leading profitable growth, thus remaining competitive and highly attractive for our stakeholders.
Our strategic priorities centre on capturing the strong wealth creation dynamics of growth markets and on further penetrating the high wealth concentration of our core European markets. In addition to fostering organic growth, broadening our base of highly qualified RMs, and cooperating with strong partners, Julius Baer is also open to opportunistic acquisitions provided they offer a convincing strategic and cultural fit, and are value-enhancing.
Record-high net profit on the back of strong growth in assets under management and significant improvement in cost efficiency in the first half of 2021. A few financial highlights:
- IFRS net profit attributable to shareholders of Julius Baer Group Ltd. up 23% to CHF 606 million and IFRS earnings per share (EPS) up 23% to CHF 2.81.
- Net profit adjusted for M&A-related items up 21% to CHF 636 million and adjusted EPS attributable to shareholders of Julius Baer Group Ltd. up 21% to CHF 2.95.
- Gross margin 87 basis points (bp) (H1 2020: 92 bp), adjusted cost/income ratio 61.2% (H1 2020: 66.6%), and adjusted pre-tax margin 32 bp (H1 2020: 31 bp).
- Assets under management (AuM) CHF 486 billion, up 12% from end of 2020, supported by positive market performance, a weaker Swiss franc, and net new money of CHF 10 billion (4.6% annualised).
- BIS CET1 capital ratio 16.7% and BIS total capital ratio 22.8%, well above minimum regulatory requirements and Group’s own floors. Adjusted return on CET1 capital 38% (H1 2020: 36%).
Philipp Rickenbacher, Chief Executive Officer of Julius Baer Group Ltd., said: “The achievements of the first half of 2021 demonstrate how Julius Baer creates value: we have successfully shifted our focus to sustainable profit growth and continuously strengthened the attractiveness of our value proposition for existing and new clients alike. The quality of our business model is supported by the passionate dedication of our staff, and by efficient and scalable operations. Following a record-high net profit in the first half of the year, we are entering the second half from a position of strength: fully focused on delivering on our strategy and prepared to capitalise on our position as employer of choice and to capture growth opportunities in our core markets as they arise.”
Julius Baer is the leading Swiss wealth management group and a premium brand in this global sector, with a focus on servicing and advising sophisticated private clients.
Julius Baer’s activities are centred on the deep understanding of our clients’ needs in respect to wealth accumulation, wealth preservation, and wealth transfer to next generations. We deploy a holistic advisory approach to systematically derive the appropriate financial solutions.
Our client-centric approach, our objective advice based on the Julius Baer open product platform, our solid financial base, and our entrepreneurial management culture make us the international reference in wealth management.
More about our services and offering can be found under Our Solutions.
We engage in long-term value creation for our clients, employees, shareholders and society at large. We do this by responsibly managing our organisation and offering in line with our own as well as our clients’ values.
Through our sustainability strategy, we will continue to
- further integrate environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into our investment processes;
- embed sustainability principles more deeply and broadly into our operational activities;
- proactively reduce our environmental footprint;
- maintain a culture of responsible leadership and a supportive working environment that promotes diversity and inclusion;
- play an active role in society beyond our direct business activities.
More details regarding our strategic priorities and efforts as well as the last Corporate Sustainability reports can be found here: