This page is not available in your selected language. Your language preference will not be changed but the contents of this page will be shown in English.
Julius Baer Wealth Advisors (India) Private Limited (JBWA) – Disclosures under SEBI (Investment Advisers) Regulations, 2013
- Investment Advisory (IA) services shall be provided to you by a specific division of JBWA (’JBWA IA Division’), which will be segregated from and maintain an arm’s length relationship with the other divisions of JBWA which are engaged in stock broking, depository, research and distribution of mutual funds and other third party products without any financial liability.
- Investment Advisory services shall be provided to you only after the IA Division assesses your risk profile and suitability of the product.
- If you wish to avail the investment advisory services of the JBWA IA Division, you will be required to
a) complete the risk profiling and know-your client (KYC) form in the manner prescribed by JBWA.
b) update the risk profiling and know-your client (KYC) information periodically as required by JBWA.
c) keep the investment advisory division updated of any change in your status or other factors which will result in any change in your risk profile.
- You will not be under any obligation to avail the stock broking, depository and distribution services offered by JBWA Execution Division or any other Julius Baer Group entity (including parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and related group companies of JBWA) or through any other entity recommended by the IA Division of JBWA.
- Any fees and charges, payable by you for the execution/distribution services availed by you, must be paid directly to the respective service provider and not through the JBWA IA Division.
- JBWA shall risk rank the products it offers to clients based on various factors as per its internal policies. The Scheme Information Document (SID), Statement of Additional Information (SAI), Key Information Memorandum (KIM), offer documents of mutual funds of various AMCs have been made available on the mutual funds disclosure webpage on our website (MUTUAL FUNDS DISCLOSURE, INFORMATION REGARDING INVESTMENTS IN MUTUAL FUNDS, INFORMATION REGARDING GLOBAL FUNDS). We encourage you to go through the same and would like to specifically draw your attention to the key features, track record, warnings, risk profile, risk factors etc. In case you need any clarification, please get in touch with your Relationship Manager at JBWA IA Division.
- We trust that, before acting on our advice, you have gone through all the relevant information about the product provided to you and have sought requisite clarification about the same.
- JBWA IA Division does not hold any proprietary positions.
- The JBWA IA Division shall not receive any consideration by way of remuneration or compensation or in any other form, whatsoever, from any person other than the client being advised in respect of the underlying products or securities for which advice is provided to the client. In case you opt to avail other Non-Investment advisory (Non-IA) services of JBWA or its affiliates, as per the internal norms, the JBWA IA Division may receive a consideration in the range of 5%-20% of the revenue earned. In case, you open an account with Julius Baer Group entity (including parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and related group companies of JBWA) for your offshore investments, JBWA’s Execution Division, subject to the applicable laws, regulations and internal norms, may receive up to 25% of revenue by way of commission or otherwise from the respective entity.
- JBWA IA Division shall maintain complete confidentiality of all information provided by you and shall not disclose any such information, without your prior consent except if such disclosure is required to be made in compliance with any applicable law or regulatory direction. JBWA IA Division will obtain information pertaining to your orders/transactions/portfolio/funds availability/securities availability etc. from the Execution Division of JBWA or Julius Baer Group entity (including parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and related group companies of JBWA) for your offshore investments (if any) to enable us to provide you with informed and appropriate advice.
- The following important information is available on our website on the mutual funds disclosure webpages: MUTUAL FUNDS DISCLOSURE, INFORMATION REGARDING INVESTMENTS IN MUTUAL FUNDS, INFORMATION REGARDING GLOBAL FUNDS
a) SID, SAI, KIM, offer documents of mutual funds.
b) Details of mutual fund commission received from asset management companies (AMCs).
c) Prospectus, Fact Sheets and Key Investor Information document (KID) of Global Funds.
- JBWA IA Division while advising on offshore investments does not act as agent for any overseas mutual funds or any other foreign financial services company. The advice provided by JBWA on such offshore investments shall not amount to solicitation by JBWA or Julius Baer Group entity.
Material information about JBWA/Parent/Associates/Subsidiaries
a) Licensing: Julius Baer Wealth Advisors (India) Private Limited (JBWA), a company registered, governed and incorporated under the Companies Act, 2013, offers stock broking services (in exchange listed equities and futures & options), as depository participant, research and investment advisory services, permitted referral services, distribution of mutual funds and other permitted third party financial products with no financial liability.
It is registered with and regulated by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) as a stock-broker, depository participant, Research Analyst and Investment Advisor.
Details of SEBI registrations:
- Registered as a stock broker with SEBI with registration number INZ000008631 for providing stock broking services through two of India’s leading stock exchanges BSE & NSE.
- Registered as investment advisors with SEBI registration number INA000003130.
- Registered as a depository participant with SEBI for one of India’s leading Depository, NSDL with SEBI registration number IN-DP-117-2015.
- Registered as a Research Analyst with Registration No. INH000002541
b) Details of Parent/Associates/Subsidiaries:
- JBWA is owned by Julius Baer Group Ltd. Julius Baer Group Ltd. is the leading Swiss private banking group, with Bank Julius Baer & Co. Ltd. being its principal operating company. The shares of the Julius Baer Group are listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange and form part of the Swiss Market Index (SMI) of the 20 largest and one of the most liquid Swiss stocks.
- JBWA has a subsidiary company namely Julius Baer Capital (India) Private Limited.
c) Disciplinary history: No material action has been taken against JBWA by any regulator.
Conflict of interest:
At JBWA, the stock broking, depository and other permitted third party products execution/distribution, including execution/distribution of mutual funds, etc., are carried out from a separate division – the Execution Division. We maintain appropriate Chinese walls as expected under SEBI Investment Advisers Regulations, 2013 including segregation and controls between investment advisory and the Execution Division. The Execution Division of JBWA or Julius Baer Group entity (including parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and related group companies of JBWA) may receive, from time to time, commission from third party product providers for distributing their products.
Investment Advisory Details
Investment Adviser : Julius Baer Wealth Advisors (India) Private Limited
Type of Registration - Non-Individual
Registration number - INA000003130
Validity of registration - Perpetual
Address – 8th Floor, Mafatlal Centre, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400 021, India
Principal Officer - Vikram Agarwal,
Email id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact no. : +91 (0) 22 6176 0419
Corresponding SEBI office address - SEBI Bhavan, Plot No.C4-A, ’G’ Block, Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra (East), Mumbai - 400051, Maharashtra, India.