This page is not available in your selected language. Your language preference will not be changed but the contents of this page will be shown in English.
Revised guidelines on margin collection
- Stock Brokers can accept securities as margin from clients only by way of pledge in the depository system w.e.f. September 1, 2020.
- Update your mobile number & email Id with your stock broker/depository participant and receive OTP directly from depository on your email id and/or mobile number to create pledge.
- Pay 20% upfront margin of the transaction value to trade in cash market segment.
- Investors may please refer to the Exchange’s Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) issued vide notice no. 20200731-7 dated July 31, 2020 and 20200831-45 dated August 31, 2020 on https://www.bseindia.com and NSE/INSP/45191 dated July 31, 2020 and NSE/INSP/45534 dated August 31, 2020 on https://www.nseindia.com/ in the “Circulars” Section and other guidelines issued from time to time in this regard.
- Check your Securities /MF/ Bonds in the consolidated account statement issued by NSDL/CDSL every month.
Stock broking account holders
Prevent unauthorised transactions in your account -> Update your mobile numbers/ e-mail IDs with your stock broker. Receive information of your transactions directly from the exchange on your mobile/ e-mail at the end of the day – issued in the interest of investors.
Depository Participant (DP) account holders
Prevent unauthorized transactions in your demat account -> Update your mobile number with your Depository Participant. Receive alerts on your Registered Mobile for all debit and other important transactions in your demat account directly from NSDL on the same day – issued in the interest of investors.
Please update your KYC details - email id and mobile number with your Depository Participant
Know your client (KYC) registration
KYC is a one-time exercise while dealing in securities markets – once KYC is done through a SEBI registered intermediary (broker, DP, mutual fund, etc.), you need not undergo the same process again when you approach another intermediary.
No need to issue cheques by investors while subscribing to IPO. Just write the bank account number and sign in the application form to authorise your bank to make payment in case of allotment. No worries for refund as the money remains in investor’s account.
SCORES - Complaint Redressal
- Register on SCORES portal
- Mandatory details for filing complaints on SCORES:
- Name, PAN, Address, Mobile Number, Email ID
- Effective communication
- Speedy redressal of the grievances