This page is not available in your selected language. Your language preference will not be changed but the contents of this page will be shown in English.
Disclosure as to Deposits Qualified for Protection by the Deposit Protection Scheme
The following types of deposit (“Protected Deposits”) maintained with Bank Julius Baer & Co. Ltd., Hong Kong Branch are deposits qualified for protection by the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong:
- Deposits in current account;
- Call deposits;
- Time deposits with a term of not more than 5 years
Please note that Protected Deposits do not include:
- Time deposits where the current term agreed to exceeds 5 years;
- Structured deposits (e.g. currency-linked products (DCI), equity-linked products, range accruals, inverse floaters);
- Fiduciary placement;
- Bearer instruments;
- Deposits taken by the bank at any of its offices outside Hong Kong;
- A deposit held for the account of the Exchange Fund;
- Deposit held by an excluded person (as defined in the Deposit Protection Scheme Ordinance) in its own right;
- A deposit held by a depositor as a trustee for an excluded person only.