This page is not available in your selected language. Your language preference will not be changed but the contents of this page will be shown in English.
We do this by responsibly managing our organisation and offering in line with our own as well as our clients’ values. Our vision is to
- expand Julius Baer’s influence in global ecosystems by connecting like-minded clients and key experts in corporate sustainability and responsible investing.
- provide thought leadership and drive innovation in the field of corporate sustainability and responsible investing.
- continue to focus our efforts on client impact and achieving positive change for stakeholders.
Our Sustainability Board was established in 2018. It is responsible for setting the strategic direction for Julius Baer to further integrate sustainability into its offering and daily business practices. With this strategy, we will continue to
- integrate environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into our investment processes;
- embed sustainability principles into our operational activities;
- proactively reduce our environmental footprint;
- maintain a culture of responsible leadership and a supportive working environment that promotes diversity and inclusion;
- play an active role in society beyond our direct business activities.
Julius Baer’s investment process takes into account financially material ESG factors in order to achieve long-term economic benefits for you. Responsible investing serves as a basis for a number of specialised investment strategies:
- Sustainable investing focuses on best-in-class ESG companies alongside capturing financial returns. Our Sustainability Mandate has been part of our offering since 2006.
- Impact investing aims to generate specific social and/or environmental impact in addition to potential financial returns.
With sustainability becoming increasingly important to our stakeholders, we identify and manage the material sustainability topics in our organisation. We periodically conduct assessments involving both internal and external stakeholders. In addition to responsible investing, our current priorities are business conduct, human capital management, carbon footprint management and corporate citizenship. We report on our progress in these priority areas against defined targets.
Our commitment and efforts towards sustainability and responsible investing are recognised externally. The following are our ratings for 2019:
- MSCI ESG1: A
- SAM Percentile Rank2: 82
1 MSCI ESG Ratings provide insight into ESG risks and opportunities within multi-asset class portfolios (rating scale: AAA – CCC). Source: https://www.msci.com/esg-ratings
2 The SAM Corporate Sustainability Assessment (CSA) is an annual evaluation of companies’ sustainability practices. The resulting ESG rating is used, among others, to create the Dow Jones Sustainability Index. Source: https://www.spglobal.com/esg/csa/