The Julius Baer Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries (“Julius Baer”, “we” or “us”) welcome you to our website, mobile applications and other services provided via electronic means (together referred to as “Electronic Services”) and appreciate your interest in our products and services.
For most of the Electronic Services hereunder, Bank Julius Baer & Co. Ltd. in Switzerland is to be considered data controller. In other cases where explicitly mentioned the respective Julius Baer subsidiary acts as data controller. In case you would like more information about Julius Baer’s representative in the European Union please click here.
For information on how the Julius Baer Group processes and protects personal data of former, current, and prospective clients, you can find the respective `Privacy Notices for Clients` here.
Types of Data being processed
When you use our Electronic Services, details of your usage may be automatically registered by our backend systems (such as your IP address, browser, http-header user agent, device-specific information the content you accessed, including time and date of access, usage and user interaction, and the redirecting website from which you came to our Electronic Services). We also process Data such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth, gender and other Data transmitted to us if you register for the usage of our Electronic Services or if you complete a registration form or comment field for a newsletter, product demos, etc.
Legal grounds and purpose of data processing
We process the Data based on the following legal grounds:
- Legitimate interests of Julius Baer or of third parties;
- Your consent;
- Fulfilment of contractual obligations and take steps prior to entering into a contract;
- Statutory requirements.
We process the Data for the following purposes:
- Providing Electronic Services e.g. to assist with your registrations, user settings and respond to your feedback and issues;
- Administration, research and development in connection with Electronic Services;
- Marketing and advertising measures (e.g., newsletters via e-mail, online advertising);
- Analysis and monitoring of usage, user behaviour and navigation while using the Electronic Services;
- Checking the identity and suitability of clients for certain products and services;
- Establishing a basis for future information on the products and services offered by Julius Baer and to improve their quality;
- Safeguarding the Julius Baer’s IT security and IT operations;
- Enabling the employment application processes according to the data processing and protection declaration for candidates, which you consent prior to completing the application process;
- Compliance and risk management, prevention and investigation of criminal acts, assertion of legal claims and defence in legal disputes.
We process all your Data in accordance with the applicable laws on data protection and for as long as required.
Disclosure and Transfer of your Data
We may transmit Data within the Julius Baer Group between Group companies, to Julius Baer agents or to Julius Baer services providers in or outside the country where you are currently located for the purposes stated above. All the above persons and entities that receive Data must ensure compliance with applicable data protection laws as well as the data protection standards of Julius Baer.
Julius Baer transfers your Data to countries outside Switzerland
- For providing Electronic Services;
- If you have given your consent (e.g. in your agreements with Julius Baer or via privacy settings); or
- If based on a statutory requirement, authority request, or similar processes as required by applicable law.
In most cases, your Data will be transferred to countries in which the Julius Baer Group is represented. You will find a corresponding overview at www.juliusbaer.com/en/about-us/our-locations. Your data may also be transferred to countries in which the Julius Baer Group is not represented (e.g., for providing Electronic Services). Some countries to which Julius Baer transfers your Data potentially do not have an equivalent level of data protection than in the country where you are currently located. In these cases, Julius Baer will generally ensure an adequate level of data protection by concluding data transfer agreements with the recipients of your Data in third countries. These include agreements that have been approved by the European Commission and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC), known as standard contractual clauses. You can find an example of a data transfer agreement usually employed by the Bank here. Based on your consent your Data may also be transferred to countries without an adequate level of protection. Please contact the Data Protection Officer if you would like more information on this topic.
In accordance with applicable legal and regulatory obligations, Julius Baer may be required to disclose Data to supervisory authorities, judicial authorities, or other persons of authority.
Security measures of Julius Baer
Julius Baer takes appropriate technical and organisational security measures to ensure that your Data processed within the IT environment controlled by Julius Baer is protected against unauthorised access, misuse, loss and/or destruction.
Julius Baer takes both, physical and electronic process-specific security measures, including firewalls, personal passwords, and encryption and authentication technologies. Our employees and approved service providers are bound to applicable confidentiality and data protection obligations.
Additionally, access to Data is made accessible to employees and third parties (e.g., service providers) on a strict “need to know”-basis.
Transmission of Data via an open network
Julius Baer draws your attention to the fact that if you use our Electronic Services via an open network, this may allow third parties (e.g., app stores, network providers or the manufacturer of your device), wherever they are located, to access and process your Data. Open networks are beyond Julius Baer’s control and can therefore not be regarded as a secure environment. Any transmission of Data via such open network cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as Data may be intercepted, amended, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, contain viruses or may be monitored. In particular, Data sent via an open network may leave the country – even where both sender and recipient are in the same country – and may be transmitted to and potentially processed in countries, where data protection requirements may be lower than in the country where you are currently located. Where Data is transmitted via an open network, we cannot be held responsible for the protection of this Data and we accept no responsibility or liability for the security of your Data during transmission. We, therefore, recommend avoiding the transmission of any confidential information via open networks. You may choose other means of communication with Julius Baer, where you deem it appropriate.
We use the following three types of cookies:
- Functional Cookies: These cookies are required for the basic functions of this website. They make it easier for you to access content on this website. Among other things, we use these cookies to store your domicile and language settings. Functional cookies cannot be deactivated.
- Analytics Cookies: These cookies enable us to analyse and improve the preferences and user behaviour on our website. This enables us to deliver a user experience based on your needs.
- Marketing Cookies: We use these cookies to display advertisements tailored to your interests, both inside and outside our website.
Web analysis tools and social media plugins
- Host name of the accessing electronic device (masked IP address)
- Type/version of browser used
- Referrer URL (website from which visitors are redirected to the Julius Baer Electronic Services by clicking a link)
- Date and time of server request
- Device-specific information
We may use so-called social plug-ins. Plug-ins can be recognised by their social network logos.
Data subject rights
According to applicable data protection laws and regulations, you may have the right to request:
- Information on Data that we hold about you;
- Your Data in a generally useable, machine-readable, and standardised format (Data Portability);
- Rectification of your incorrect Data;
- Your Data to be deleted if the Bank is not permitted or is not legally obliged to retain the Data;
- Restrict processing of your Data;
- Object the processing of your Data.
Furthermore, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data privacy regulatory authority.
Third Party Cookies and Tracking Technologies
|Adobe Analytics||Analytics||Site and marketing performance measurement||Adobe Inc.||345 Park Avenue |
|Google Analytics||Analytics||Site and marketing performance measurement||Google Inc.||1600 Amphitheatre Parkway |
|Google Optimize||Analytics||Site Optimization||Google Inc.||1600 Amphitheatre Parkway |
|Facebook Pixel||Marketing||Marketing performance measurement and ad personalization||Meta Platforms||1 Hacker Way |
|Floodlight Counter||Marketing||Marketing performance measurement and ad personalization||Google Inc.||1600 Amphitheatre Parkway |
|LinkedIn Insights||Marketing||Marketing performance measurement and ad personalization||LinkedIn Corporation||1000 W Maude Avenue |
|Twitter Universal Website Tag||Marketing||Marketing performance measurement and ad personalization||Twitter, Inc.||1355 Market Street, Suite 900 |
|Xandr||Marketing||Marketing performance measurement and ad personalization||Xandr, Inc.||28 West 23rd Street, Floor 4 |
If you have questions about the processing of your Data, please contact us by using the following contact details:
Bank Julius Baer & Co. Ltd.
Data Protection Officer P.O.
Box 8010 Zurich, Switzerland
This Policy was last updated in Decmber 2022.
Amendments or updates are made available to you at www.juliusbaer.com/en/data-privacy-policy/