Funds Secondary Trading
Transparent, standardised order execution for investment funds with binding buy and sell prices
Offering greater flexibility and security for clients
In today’s volatile market landscape, Julius Baer has teamed up with the SIX Swiss Exchange Sponsored Funds segment to provide clients with greater flexibility and security through funds secondary trading.
The evolution of the funds secondary trading market
Until recently, fund managers could only offer clients the possibility to issue and redeem fund shares at the net asset value (NAV) in the primary market. This resulted in transaction time delays, with clients remaining temporarily unaware of the actual execution price. In response to clients’ changing needs and their request for greater flexibility and transparency, the secondary market has evolved, offering clients the benefits of controlled stock exchange trading. For each fund available on the SIX Sponsored Funds list, one or several market-makers offer binding buy and sell prices.
With investors worldwide continuously requesting greater innovation and transparency with regard to financial products and services, the fund universe continues to broaden. Through the Sponsored Funds segment at the SIX Swiss Exchange, the secondary market provides a worthy solution from the Swiss financial market.
Benefits of the secondary trading market
Secondary market trading offers the following benefits of controlled stock exchange trading not available on the primary market:
- The trade of classic funds with the same flexibility of stocks or exchange-traded funds (ETFs)
- Greater transparency from buy and sell prices being continuously available and in line with the market
- Order limits available
- Efficient execution of orders within seconds
- Easy portfolio monitoring
- Automated trading
- Regulated trading conditions
- No fund deadlines, i.e. no fixed execution times (which is standard in the primary market)
- Trading segment ‘Sponsored Funds’ at the SIX Swiss Exchange
Are you interested in learning more about Funds Secondary Trading at Julius Baer? Your relationship manager would be delighted to provide you with more detailed information.