Last updated: 27.11.2015
The Julius Baer Group and its subsidiaries ("Julius Baer", "we" or "us") welcome you to our website and appreciate your interest in our services and products.
Type and purpose of data collection
When you use our website, details of your usage are automatically registered by our webserver (such as your IP address, browser, the content you accessed, including time and date of access, and the website from which you came to our website). We also collect and store information such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth, gender and other data transmitted to us if you complete a registration form or comment field for the newsletter, product demos, etc.
We collect this data for the following primary purposes:
- To comply with national and international legal and supervisory provisions as well as the bank's own internal guidelines
- To check the identity and suitability of clients for certain products and services
- To establish a basis for future information on the services and products offered by Julius Baer and to improve their quality
- To facilitate technical administration, research and further development in connection with the Julius Baer website
- To use it for marketing and advertising measures (e.g. newsletters via e-mail, online advertising)
- To analyse user behaviour and navigation while on the website
- To facilitate client administration
We store all your personal data in accordance with the applicable laws on data protection and for as long as required.
Disclosure of website usage data
Where so prescribed by applicable legislation, Julius Baer may on request or under an ongoing duty to provide information disclose data to supervisory authorities, judicial authorities or other persons of authority.
Julius Baer takes appropriate technical and organisational security measures to ensure that personal data collected and stored in connection with your visit to our website is protected against unauthorised access, misuse, loss and/or destruction.
Julius Baer takes both physical and electronic process-specific security measures, including firewalls, personal passwords, and encryption and authentication technologies. Our employees and the service providers commissioned by us are bound by professional secrecy and must comply with all data protection provisions.
Additionally, access to personal data is restricted to only those employees, contractors and third parties who require this access in order to assure the purpose of data processing and the provision of services and products (need to know principle).
- record user preferences regarding screen layout, including the preferred language and country;
- monitor the number and type of visits to the website, so as to be able to determine which parts of the website work well and which need to be improved;
- gather statistical data on the number of users and their user behaviour in order to optimise the website's speed and performance.
Please note that most web browsers accept cookies automatically. You can configure your browser to not save any or only certain cookies on your computer or to always display a warning before receiving a new cookie. Deactivating cookies can, however, prevent you from using certain functions on our portal.
Web analysis tools
We use bank-internal web analysis tools for the purpose of website reporting within Marketing. This involves the creation of pseudo-anonymised data and use of small text files stored on your computer (so-called cookies). The information about your use of our website generated by these cookies, such as the
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address)
- type/version of browser used
- operating system
- referrer URL (website from which visitors are redirected to the Julius Baer website by clicking a link)
- date and time of server request,
is not transmitted to any third-party servers. It is used exclusively for bank-internal web analysis purposes.
Please refer to the previous section, "Cookies", for information on deleting cookies.
Transmission of data via the Internet
Julius Baer would like to draw your attention to the fact that data transmitted via an open network like the Internet cannot be fully protected from third-party access. This may result in such data being disclosed or altered in content, or lead to technical errors in its transmission. In particular, data sent via the Internet (e.g. via a contact form on the website or an e-mail service) may leave the country – even where both sender and recipient are in the same country – and may be transmitted to and potentially stored in a third-party country in which data protection requirements may be laxer than in your country of residence.
Where data is transmitted to Julius Baer via the Internet, we cannot be held responsible for the protection of this data. We recommend avoiding the transmission of any strictly confidential information via open networks.
Questions / Contact
You can contact us to find out whether we have stored any personal data about you, to request a copy or list of any such data or to correct any erroneous data about yourself. You can also request that your personal data is deleted, provided this is not prohibited under any legal or regulatory provisions (e.g. legal duty of safe-keeping of business-related information). Please note that Julius Baer shall not be required to delete data made pursuant to automatic archiving and back-up procedures in its IT systems, where a deletion is not possible or not possible without commercially unreasonable efforts, provided the respective data is marked as blocked.
Please note that we can only process requests for information or the amendment, correction and/or deletion of data if such request is made in writing and with proof of your identity. In the case of your data being deleted, we may not or only partly be able to offer you our products and services.
You can submit questions with regard to data processing via the following link: