Second home market Asia
Offering a full range of Asian services and investment solutions
A star on the rise
Over half the global population now resides in Asia. This part of our world is experiencing rapid economic growth on the back of powerful fundamentals. Furthermore, a rising middle class will create a new growth engine in domestic consumption. In the corporate sector, up-and-coming brands are becoming established in international markets. And with support by governments for research and development, together with a well-educated workforce, Asia is becoming a global centre of innovation. For these reasons, a growing number of investors are keen to gain exposure to Asia.
Asia – Julius Baer’s second home market
Asia is Julius Baer’s second home market, where the company seeks to fulfil its long-term growth ambitions and achieve a leading position in the industry. As a client, you’ll benefit from Julius Baer being an early mover into the Asian region, and from the company’s increasing foothold in the region. Together, these offer you an increasing array of Asian services and investment solutions, as well as comprehensive access to the Asian markets.
Benefit from Julius Baer’s Asian expertise
- Participate in the growth of the region. Julius Baer’s long-term involvement in Asia means that you’ll benefit from the company’s years of experience in the region, and the unique Asian investment solutions it provides
- Access comprehensive Asian investment opportunities within the global holistic investment approach of Julius Baer
- Research, portfolio and wealth management services, investment solutions, wealth planning, credit, structured products, and other fund solutions for clients booked in Asia, handled by more than 200 Asian-based experts
- Swiss-booked clients can participate in the offshore-renminbi (CNH) market, with a range of solutions and services, including:
- Fiduciary deposits
- Funds with CNH share classes
- Foreign exchange products
- Dual currency investments and a range of structured products
Julius Baer’s milestones and footprint in Asia
- 2006 - Julius Baer first establishes its activities in Asia. The company is considered an early mover into the market
- 2007 – Julius Baer receives its wholesale banking license for Singapore
- 2010 – The firm establishes a strong branch and banking platform in Hong Kong.
- 2010 - Julius Baer enters a strategic partnership with Bank of China (BOC). With this agreement, BOC refers its existing and potential clients outside Mainland China who require comprehensive private banking services to Julius Baer. In return, Julius Baer refers to BOC existing and potential clients requiring banking services or specific non-private banking products and services.
- 2011 - Julius Baer opens a representative office in Shanghai; cooperation with Macquarie Group in Asia;
- 2015 -Julius Baer completes the integration of Merrill Lynch’s International Wealth Management business (IWM) successfully.
Are you interested in learning more about investing in Asia? Your relationship manager would be delighted to provide you with more detailed information.