Julius Baer, the leading Swiss wealth management group, announces several appointments in Brazil and a new team of Relationship Managers to reinforce the Mexico desk in Zurich. These appointments underscore the Bank’s growth ambitions and commitment to Region Americas.
Zurich, 3 October 2022 – Julius Baer is pleased to announce several appointments across Region Americas. In line with its ambitious growth targets, Julius Baer is pleased to announce the following appointments for its local operations in sub-region Brazil:
- Lucas Rizzi joins in October as Chief Operations and Chief Technology Officer. Lucas joins Julius Baer from Itaú Private Bank where he was Head Customer Digital Experience.
- Greice Rabelo joined Julius Baer in September as Senior Relationship Manager. Greice joined from BNP Paribas where she was Head Private Bank Belo Horizonte.
- Antonio Monteiro, previously responsible for Single and Multi-Family Offices at ASA Investments, joined in September as Senior Relationship Manager.
- Laura Drummond Correa joins in October as Relationship Manager. She was previously at XP Investimentos.
- Kevin Liu joins Julius Baer in October as Relationship Manager. He previously worked at Messem Investimentos.
Brazil continues to offer excellent growth opportunities and the Bank’s local business has been expanding and growing successfully since its first acquisition in Brazil in 2011. A strengthened leadership team encompassing all our business activities in Brazil was announced in March1 this year.
Hires in sub-region Mexico and Hispanic Americas
In sub-region Mexico and Hispanic Americas, a new team of Relationship Managers joins Julius Baer in October to strengthen the Mexico Desk in Zurich:
- Miguel Caballero joins Julius Baer as Team Head, reporting to Marc Furler, Market Head Mexico. Miguel was formerly Team Leader Mexican Desk at BBVA.
- Martín Giménez Pina joins Julius Baer as Senior Relationship Manager. He was previously a Senior Relationship Manager at BBVA covering Mexico and other markets in South America.
- Carlos Fernández joins Julius Baer as Relationship Manager and was previously at BBVA.
- Fernando Caro Sierra joins as Assistant Relationship Manager from BBVA where he was an Account Manager.
To support the local business, Senior Relationship Manager James Armstrong relocated to Uruguay from Zurich, and Virginia Meharu was hired as Assistant Relationship Manager.
Sub-region Mexico and Hispanic Americas is part of Region Americas and includes Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Peru, and Colombia among other markets.
Beatriz Sanchez, Head Region Americas, commented: “These appointments are a further step towards expanding and growing the business successfully in the Americas. They also underscore our commitment to continuously invest in the advancement of the different teams in our diverse Region. I very much look forward to further developing our existing client base with the support of these numerous and valuable additions.”