In detail, the Annual General Meeting 2018 of Julius Baer Group Ltd. passed the following resolutions:
- The Financial Statements and Consolidated Financial Statements 2017 were approved and the Remuneration Report 2017 was approved in a consultative vote.
- The appropriation of the disposable profit, the dissolution and the distribution of CHF 313.3 million out of ‘statutory capital reserve’ were approved. The amount corresponds to a distribution of CHF 1.40 per registered share. The distribution will be paid free of expense from 17 April 2018.
- The members of the Board of Directors and of the Executive Board were discharged for the 2017 financial year.
- The maximum aggregate amount of compensation of the Board of Directors for the coming term of office (AGM 2018 – AGM 2019) was approved. Additionally, the shareholders approved the Executive Board’s aggregate amount of variable cash-based compensation elements for the completed financial year 2017, the aggregate amount of variable share-based compensation elements that are allocated in the financial year 2018 and the maximum aggregate amount of fixed compensation for the next financial year 2019.
- The Board members Daniel J. Sauter, Gilbert Achermann, Andreas Amschwand, Heinrich Baumann, Paul Man Yiu Chow, Ivo Furrer, Claire Giraut, Gareth Penny and Charles G.T. Stonehill were re-elected for a one-year term.
- Richard Campbell-Breeden was elected as new member of the Board of Directors for a one-year term.
- Daniel J. Sauter was re-elected as Chairman of the Board of Directors for a one-year term.
- Gilbert Achermann, Heinrich Baumann, Richard Campbell-Breeden and Gareth Penny were elected as members of the Compensation Committee for a one-year term.
- KPMG AG, Zurich, was appointed as Statutory Auditors for another one-year period.
- Dr. Marc Nater, Wenger Plattner Attorneys at Law, Kuesnacht, was elected as independent representative until the end of the next Ordinary Annual General Meeting in 2019.
The presentations by the Chairman Daniel J. Sauter and the Chief Executive Officer Bernhard Hodler are available on www.juliusbaer.com/agm. The detailed voting results as well as the brief minutes will be published on the website by tomorrow.